18. Dissolved oxygen in water is responsible for aquatic life. What processes are responsible for the reduction in dissolved oxygen in water?
19. What would happen, if the greenhouse gases were totally missing in the earth’s atmosphere?
20. Define smog.
21. Which is considered to be earth’s protective umbrella? Why?
22. What are degradable and non-degradable pollutants?
23. From where does ozone come in the photo chemical smog?
24. A person was using water supplied by corporation. Due to shortage of water he started using underground water. He felt laxative effect. What could be the cause?
25. What is green chemistry?
26. Explain how does greenhouse effect cause global warming
27. Mention the standards prescribed by BIS for quality of drinking water
28. How does classical smog differ from photochemical smog?
29. What are particulate pollutants? Explain any three.
30. Even though the use of pesticides increases the crop production, they adversely affect the living organisms. Explain the function and the adverse effects of the pesticides.
31. Ethane burns completely in air to give CO2, while in a limited supply of air gives CO. The same gases are found in automobile exhaust. Both CO and CO2 are atmospheric pollutants
i. What is the danger associated with these gases
ii. How do the pollutants affect the human body?
32. On the basis of chemical reactions involved, explain how do CFC’s cause depletion of ozone layer in stratosphere?
33.How is acid rain formed? Explain its effect
34. Differentiate the following
i. BOD and COD
ii. Viable and non-viable particulate pollutants
35. Explain how oxygen deficiency is caused by carbon monoxide in our blood? Give its effect
36. What are the various methods you suggest to protect our environment from pollution?
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.