Strategies to control environmental pollution
After studying air, water and soil pollution, as responsible individuals we must take responsibility to protect our environment. Think of steps which you would like to undertake for controlling environmental pollution not only in your locality but also in national and international level. We must realize about our environmental threat, focus strongly on this issues and be an eye opener to save our environment. We can think about following strategies to control environmental pollution.
1. Waste management: Environmental pollution can be controlled by proper disposal of wastes.
2. Recycling: a large amount of disposed waste material can be reused by recycling the waste, thus it reduces the land fill and converts waste into useful forms.
3. Substitution of less toxic solvents for highly toxic ones used in certain industrial processes.
4. Use of fuels with lower sulphur content (e.g., washed coal)
5. Growing more trees.
6. Control measures in vehicle emissions are adequate.
Efforts to control environmental pollution have resulted in development of science for synthesis of chemical favorable to environment and it is called green chemistry.