Introduction to C++
C++ is one of the most popular programming language developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at AT & T Bell Lab during 1979. C++ supports both procedural and Object Oriented Programming paradigms. Thus, C++ is called as a hybrid language. C++ is a superset (extension) of its predecessor C language. Bjarne Stroustrup named his new language as “C with Classes”. The name C++ was coined by Rick Mascitti where ++ is the C language increment operator.
Inventor of C++ Programming Language
Bjarne is a Danish Computer Scientist was born on 30th December 1950. He has a Master degree in Mathematics and Computer Science in 1975 from Aarhus University, Denmark and Ph.D in Computer Science in 1979 from the University of Cambridge, England.
C++ was developed by Bjarne Stroustrup at AT & T Bell Laboratory during 1979. C++ is originally derived from C language and influenced by many languages like Simula, BCPL, Ada, ML, CLU and ALGOL 68. Till 1983, it was referred “New C” and “C with Classes”. In 1983, the name was changed as C++ by Rick Mascitti.
C++ is standardized by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO). The latest standard version published in December 2017 as ISO/IEC 14882:2017 which is informally known as C++17. The first standardized version was published in 1998 as ISO/IEC 14882:1998 which was then enhanced by the C++03 (ISO/IEC 14882:2003), C++11 (ISO/IEC 14882:2011) and C++14 (ISO/ IEC 14882:2014). The Next standard version will be C++20 in 2020.
C# (C-Sharp), D, Java and newer versions of C languages has been influenced by C++.
· C++ is a highly portable language and is often the language of choice for multi-device, multi-platform app development.
· C++ is an object-oriented programming language and includes classes, inheritance, polymorphism, data abstraction and encapsulation.
· C++ has a rich function library.
· C++ allows exception handling, inheritance and function overloading which are not possible in C.
· C++ is a powerful, efficient and fast language. It finds a wide range of applications – from GUI applications to 3D graphics for games to real-time mathematical simulations.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.