Some of your work in InDesign will require that you view an object—or even just part of an object—at a very high magnification, or zoom.
Zooming allows you to quickly zoom in on, or get closer to, any object in or area of your document. You can also zoom out, or get farther away from your document, when you need to see everything at once.
You can magnify or reduce the view of the document from 5% to 4000%. You have several options for changing view magnification.
You can zoom in and out using:
· The Zoom tool
· The zoom commands in the View menu:
· Zoom In, Zoom Out, Fit Page in Window, Fit Spread in Window, Actual Size, and Entire Pasteboard.
· The Zoom Level pop-up menu in the left side of the application bar
The zoom tool is frequently used for enlarging or reducing the view of the document during the editing process.
Select the Zoom tool from the Tool panel and position it over the area you want to zoom. Now you can see a plus sign at the center of the zoom tool. A single mouse click changes the view to the next preset magnification, Suppose you were to click again, then the view of the area that you clicked upon will get magnified again and the page would be centered at the point where you clicked.
In addition to this, you can drag a marquee with the zoom tool, on the area you want to magnify. The percentage of the magnified area depends on the size of the marquee. The smaller the marquee, the larger will be the level of magnification.
Using the view commands
· Choose View > Zoom In for magnifying to the next preset percentage.
· Choose View > Zoom Out for reducing and retracting to the previous preset percentage.
· Choose View > Actual Size for the document to be displayed at 100%.
· Choose View > Fit page in Window for scaling the view size to match the monitor size.
· Choose View > Fit Spread in Window for displaying the targeted spread in the window.
· Choose View > Entire Pasteboard for displaying the current page or spread and its surrounding pasteboard that are visible within the document window
Choose a zoom percentage from the Zoom Level pop- up menu. You can also type a percentage in the Zoom level box.
Using the keyboard
· Press Ctrl+= to zoom in.
· Press Ctrl+– to zoom out.
· Press Ctrl+1 to view a page at actual size.
· Press Ctrl+2 to view a page at 200%.
· Press Ctrl+0 to fit the entire page in the document window.
· Press Alt+Ctrl+0 to fit the entire spread in the document window.
· Press Ctrl+Spacebar or Ctrl+Alt+Spacebar to temporarily access the Zoom tool and zoom in or out.