· First aid is the initial assistance or treatment given to a casualty for any injury or sudden illness. The First aid is not an end by itself. It indicates that the person is in need of a “Secondary Aid”
· A simple way to remember the aims of first aid is to think of the “Three Ps”-Preserve / Prevent / Promote.
· A wound is an injury in which the skin is cut or penetrated.
· Bleeding, technically known as hemorrhaging, is the loss of blood escaping from the circulatory system.
· first aid mnemonic PEEP to remember how to deal with a severe bleeds. Position, Expose & examine, Elevation, Pressure.
· Shock is a syndrome that results from a decrease in effective circulating blood volume in the body as a result of injury or illness
· Shock, a potentially life-threatening condition in which the organs and tissues of the body are not receiving an adequate flow of blood.
· To manage severe injuries follow. DRSABCD A break or crack in a bone is called a fracture.
· A dislocation is where a bone has been displaced from its normal position at a joint.
· Respiratory emergencies are medical emergencies characterized by difficulty in breathing or inability to breathe.
· Poisonous bites.
· CPR stands for cardiopulmonary resuscitation. It’s a life saving medical procedure which is given to someone who is in cardiac arrest. It helps to pump blood around the person’s body when their heart can’t.
· There are 6 Major CPR steps.
· Bandages are used to prevent contamination of wound by hold dressings in position, provide support to the part that is injured, sprained or dislocated joint and to prevent & control hemorrhage.