Golden rules of first aid
1. Do first things first, quickly-quietly without fuss or panic.
2. Reassure the casualty through encouraging words.
3. Check ABC Rule. (Airway, breathing, Circulation)
4. Open the airway by tilting the head.
5. Give artificial respiration if breathing has stopped.
6. Perform chest compression if the pulse is not present
7. Stop bleeding if any by direct pressure.
8. Treat for shock.
9. Do not allow people to crowd around.
10. Don’t remove clothes unnecessarily.
11. Arrange for transportation of the casualty.
12. Casualty should be sent to a hospital or doctor by quickest means of transport. Always inform police about serious accidents and the relatives.