• The Constitution of India was framed by a
Constituent Assembly set up under the Cabinet Mission Plan, 1946.
• The Preamble of our Constitution states that
India is a Sovereign Socialist Secular
• The word ‘Citizen’ is derived from the Latin term
‘Civis’. It means resident of a City State.
• According to Dr. Ambedkar, Article 32 is “the
heart and soul of the whole Constitution”.
• In 2004, the Government of India decided to create new category of languages called as “classical languages”.
introduction to the constitution of India முகவுரை
state: A state which protects all religions equally சமயச் சார்பற்ற அரசு
treatesment of a person or group பாகுபாடு
command of court நீதிப்பேராணை
power or authority இறையாண்மை
something handed down from one’s ancestors பாரம்பரியம்
independence in one’s thoughts or actions தன்னாட்சி