Sun is the first and foremost energy source that makes life possible on the earth. Solar energy is the only viable fuel source of non depleting nature for sun provides a free and renewable source of energy. It is the renewable type of energy without endangering the environment. It is the potential source to replace the fossil fuel in order to meet the needs of the world. With the advancements in science and technology, solar energy has become more affordable, and it can overcome energy crisis. Solar energy is a clean energy. With the minimum efforts maximum energy can be harnessed using various equipments.
Applications of Solar Energy
Solar energy has wider applications in various fields.
* It is used in solar water heater.
* It is used in drying of agricultural and animal products.
* It is used in electric power generation.
* It is used in solar green houses.
* It is used in solar pumping and solar distillation. It is used for solar cooking and solar furnaces also.