* Particle arrangement within the state of matter
gets disturbed upon heating. The disturbance is seen either as expansion or
* A process in which liquid changes into vapour on
heating is called evaporation.
* A process in which solid changes into liquid on
heating is called melting or fusion.
* A process in which gas changes into a liquid is
* A process in which liquid changes into solid is
* Physical changes are the changes in which only
physical properties of a substance undergo a change and there is no change in
its chemical composition.
* Solid substances are usually purified by the
process of crystallization.
* Evaporation is the technique used to separate
dissolved solids from a solid-liquid mixture.
* Certain solid substances like camphor,
naphthalene get converted into gas directly without becoming liquid upon
heating by sublimation.
* Changes that occur with the formation of new
substance with different chemical composition or transformation of a substance
into another substance with the evolution or absorption of heat or light energy
are termed as chemical changes.
* Changes that repeat themselves after a definite
interval of time are called periodic changes.
* Changes that do not repeat themselves after a
definite interval of time and occur randomly are called non-periodic changes.
* Changes in which heat is absorbed are known as
* Changes in which heat is released are known as
CHANGES AROUND US
This activity helps the students to understand the
effect of heat on matters
Type the URL link given below in the browser or scan the QR code. A page opens
with a glass full of ice with a play button near to it.
Press Play button. It opens into another page with the set up of temperature
and change of phases.
Set the temperature and phases. Press the play button below.
Do it with different options. Then a next page button will come
Go there you will end with a small quiz.
Around Us URL:
are indicative only
requires, allow Flash Player or Java Script to load the page.