![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1. The latitudinal extent of Tamil Nadu is
a) 8°5′N to 13°35′N
b) 8°5′S to 13°35′S
c) 8°0′N to 13°5′N
d) 8°0′S to 13°05′S
2. The longitudinal extent of Tamil Nadu is
a) 76°18′ E to 80°20′E
b) 76°18′ W to 80°20′W
c) 86°18′ E to 10°20′E
d) 86°18′ W to 10°20′W
3. The highest peak in Tamil Nadu is
4. Which of the following passes is not located in the Western Ghats of Tamil Nadu?
5. Which one of the following rivers is flow into the Arabian Sea?
6. The district with largest mangrove forest cover in Tamil Nadu is
7. Retreating monsoon wind picks up moisture from
a) Arabian sea
b) Bay of Bengal
c) Indian Ocean
d) Timor sea
8. Which of the following district is affected by sand dunes to a large extent?
9. The district which has the largest forest cover in Tamil Nadu is
1. The plateau which lies between the
Nilgiris and Dharmapuri districts is Coimabatore plateau.
2. Solaikaradu is the highest peak in the southern most part of the Eastern Ghats.
3. The riverine Island of Srirangam is located between Kollidam and Cauvery branches of cauvery.
4. Nilgiri Tahr is the Tamil Nadu state animal.
1. Winter season - Pre-monsoon
2. Summer season - June to September
3. Southwest monsoon - March to May
4. North east monsoon - January and February
5. Mango Shower - October to December
1. Winter season - January and February
2. Summer season - March to May
3. Southwest monsoon - June to September
4. North east monsoon - October to December
5. Mango Shower - Pre-monsoon
1. Assertion (A): Tamil Nadu does not receive much rainfall from southwest monsoon.
Reason (R): It is situated in the rain shadow area of the Western Ghats.
a) Both (A) and (R) are true and (R) explains (A).
b) Both (A) and (R) are true but, (R) does not explain (A).
c) (A) is true but, (R) is false.
d) (R) is true but, (A) is false.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.