![if !IE]> <![endif]>
V. Answer the following in brief
1. State the boundaries of Tamil Nadu.
Tamil Nadu is bounded by Bay of Bengai in the east, Kerala in the west, Andhra Pradesh in the north, Karnataka in the northwest and Indian Ocean in the south.
2. What is ‘Teri’?
The sand dunes formed along the coast of Ramanathapuram and Thoothukudi districts are called Teri.
3. How is coastal plain formed?
Coastal plain is formed by the rivers that flow towards east and drain in the Bay of Bengal.
4. Name the major islands of Tamil Nadu.
Pamban, Hare, Krusadai, Nallathanni Theevu, Pullivasal, Srirangam, Upputanni, Island Grounds, Kattupalli Island, Quibble Island and Vivekananda Rock Memorial are some major islands of Tamil Nadu
5. Name the tributaries of river Thamirabarani.
6. Define : Disaster Risk Reduction.
Disaster Risk Reduction is the concept and practice of reducing disaster risks through systematic efforts to analyse and reduce the causal factors of disasters.
7. During cyclone, how does the Meterological department warn the fishermen?
• The Meteorological department warn the fishermen through mobile phone, radio, TV and newspapers.
• The fishermen are warned to keep their boats and rafts tied up safely and not to venture out in the sea.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.