Importance of Leadership
Without a good leader organisation cannot function efficiently and effectively. Leadership is an important factor for making organisation successful. The importance of good leadership is:
1. Motivating Employees: Motivation is necessary for work performance. Higher the motivation better would be the performance. A good leader by exercising his leadership motivates the employees for high performance. Good leadership in the organisation itself is a motivating factor for the individuals.
2. Creating Confidence: A good leader may create confidence in his followers by directing them, giving them advice and getting through them good results in the organisation. Sometimes, individuals fail to recognise their qualities and capabilities to work in the absence of good direction.
3. Building Morale: Morale is expressed as attitudes of employees towards organisation management and voluntary co-operation to offer their ability to the organisation. High morale leads to high productivity.
4. Initiates Action: Leader is a person who starts the work by communicating the policies and plans to the subordinates from where the work actually starts.
5. Builds Work Environment: Management is getting things done from people. An efficient work environment helps in sound and stable growth. Leader is a person who creates a positive work environment for the subordinates to perform better.
6. Co-ordination: Co-Ordination can be achieved through reconciling personal interests with organisational goals. This co-ordination is achieved by proper motivation and zeal of effective leadership only.