Functions of shop floor control – SFC;
· Priority control and assignment of shop orders
· Maintain information on work in process for MRP.
· Monitor shop order status information.
· Provide production output data for capacity control processes.
Shop floor control
The three phases of shop floor control
1. Order release
2. Order scheduling
3. Order progress
Purpose of order release in SFC;
The purpose of order release module is to provide the necessary documentation that accompanies an order as it processed through the shop. These documents collectively called as shop packets.
Purpose of order scheduling in SFC;
The purpose of order scheduling is to make assignments of the orders to various machines in the factory. Order scheduling satisfies the first function of SFC. i.e. Priority control and assignment of work orders.
Function of order progress in SFC;
The order progress module performs the remaining three functions of SFC.
· To provide data relative to work in process
· Shop order status
· Capacity control.
Data structure is a diagrammatic representation of a data base. It shows the record types used and the relationships between them. Data Base Management System consists of a collection of interrelated data and a set of programs to access that data.
Functions of a Data Management system;
· Data vault and document management
· Process and work flow management
· Product structure management
· Data classification and retrieval
· Project management
· Data communication and notification
· Data transport
· Data translation
· Image services
· System administration.