![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Formatting a presentation
Tip Note: Remember to save frequently while working on the presentation, to prevent any loss of information. You might also want to activate the AutoRecovery function (Tools -> Options -> Load/Save -> General). Make sure that Save AutoRecovery information every is selected and that you have entered a suitable recovery frequency.
The first slide is normally a title slide. Decide the layout as per its purpose of presentation. You can use the pre-packaged layouts available in the Layout section of the Tasks pane. Suitable layouts are Title Slide (which also contains a section for a subtitle) or Title Only, Title and Content, Title and two content and so on.
Select a layout in the Layout section of the Tasks pane by clicking on it: it appears in the Workspace. To create the title, click on Click to add title (assuming the Blank Slide layout was not used) and then type the title text.
Adjustments to the formatting of the title can be done by pressing the F11 key, right-clicking the Title presentation style entry, and selecting Modify from the pop-up menu.
If you are using the Title Slide layout, click on “Click to add text” to add a subtitle. Proceed as above to make adjustments to the formatting if required. (Figure 8.27)
The steps for inserting additional slides are basically the same as for selecting the title page. It is a process that has to be repeated for each slide.
Unless you are using more than one slide master, your only concern is the Layouts section of the Tasks pane (Figure 8.28).
First insert all the slides that are needed as per your outline. Only after this, you should begin adding special effects such as custom animation and slide transitions.
Step 1: Insert a new slide. This can be done in a variety of ways.
· Insert -> Slide.
· Right-click on the present slide, and select Slide -> New Slide from the pop-up menu. (Figure 8.28).
· Click the empty space after the last slide also to create a new slide by right clicking New Slide. (Figure 8.29)
· Click the Slide icon in the Presentation toolbar.
Step 2: Select the layout slide that best fits your needs. (Figure 8.28).
Step 3: Modify the elements of the slide like removing unneeded elements, adding needed elements (such as pictures), and inserting text.
You can delete a slide at any time using the following pro c e du re .
· Select the slide you want to delete
· Click Edit • Delete slide (Refer Figure 8.30)
· Or else, right click the slide and choose Delete slide from the pop-up menu. (Figure 8.31)
If you want to rearrange the slides , you need to follow the procedure below.
• Select the slide that you want to rearrange .
· Drag that slide to the desired position by holding the mouse using left click.
· Release the mouse once you drag the slide to the desired place. (Figure 8.32)
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.