![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin)
Riboflavin is water soluble and relatively heat stable. It is easily absorbed from the intestine and the excess is excreted through urine. It is essential for the health of skin and for normal vision.
· Riboflavin plays an important role in the health of the eyes and alleviates eye strain and is essential for proper vision and healthy sight.
· Riboflavin assists production of Red blood cells (RBC).
· It strengthens mucous lining of mouth, lips and tongue.
· It is required for normal growth and wound healing.
· Riboflavin is needed in every cell of the body. It helps cells to use
· oxygen so that the body can convert sources of energy into glucose.
Yeast, milk, curd, cheese, eggs, chicken, liver, pork, spinach, carrot leaves, beets, brown rice, sprouts, beans, Fruits like Apricots, papaya, custard apple. Nuts like Almond and walnut are rich sources of riboflavin. Large amounts are found in dairy products, eggs and meats. Green leafy vegetables and enriched grains are moderate sources of Riboflavin.
· Cracks and redness at corners of mouth – Cheilosis.
· Painful, smooth, purplish red tongue - Glossitis.
· Sore throat.
· Inflamed eyes and eyelids, sensitivity to light.
· Itching and burning eyes.
· Intolerance to bright light, dim vision, water in eyes.
· Skin rashes and
· Digestive disturbances.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.