Stress is a body’s response to any physical, emotional or mental in life.
Stress leads to:-
· Physiological discomfort
· Some kind of emotional unhappiness
· Strained relationships with other people
“Stress is defined as the pressure expe-rienced by a person in response to life demands. (Selye – 1956)
Stress Management is the ability to main-tain control when situations, people and events make excessive demands. Stress management means many things to dif-ferent people because everyone has their own way of dealing with stressors.
Stress may be classified in the following manner:
· A stiff neck and/or tight shoulders.
· Back pain.
· Fast breathing.
· Sweating, and sweaty palms.
· An upset stomach, nausea, or diarrhoea.
There are many simple techniques that may prove useful in the management of stress as shown in figure 4
· Remove yourself from stressful situation
· Don’t overcome yourself, talk to some-one freely
Stress has various harmful effects of the body. They include
· A fast heartbeat.
· A headache.
· Relax yourself
· Avoid extreme situations
· Indulge in physical activity
· Manage your time Figure 4- Technique in stress management
· Get more sleep