According to James Stoner “Decision making is the process of identifying and selecting a course of action to solve a specific problem.
Making a good decision requires patience and careful thought. The following steps serve as important guidelines for taking good decisions
· Perception - people selectively interpret what they see on the basis of their interest, background, experience, and attitudes. Hence, people’s decision will be impaired by wrong perception.
· Priority - Prioritizing the personal goals, the place of family, work, our career in our priority list is of most importance while making good decisions.
· Acceptability - Those who implement the decision must accept it both intellectually and emotionally.
· Resources - Available resources helps to make decisions fastly.
· Judgment - Practical stratergies helps in improving decision making process
· Evaluate circumstances, consider alternatives.
· Use critical thinking skills.
· Able to make decisions under pressure.
· Problem solving attitude.
· Opposed to a “that’s not my job” approach.
Stick to your mission
· Set a time limit
· Avoid decision fatigue
· Control what you can control
· Understand whether the decision can be reversed
· Make a daily decision quota