There are numerous applications possible using electronic spreadsheets. A few of the common applications are given below.
* Payment of bills
* Income tax calculations
* Invoices or bills
* Account Statements
* Inventory Control
* Cost-Benefits Analysis
* Financial Accounting
* Tender Evaluation
* Result analysis of students
The electronic spreadsheet offers several advantages over the manual one. The following are some of the main advantages of electronic spreadsheets.
* Calculations are automated through the built-in mathematical, financial and statistical functions.
* Accurate results to any desired level of decimal points are possible.
* Worksheets can be quite big in size.
* Any part of the worksheet can be viewed or edited.
* Worksheet can be saved and retrieved later.
* Any part or whole of an existing worksheet can be merged with any existing or new work sheet.
* Any part or whole of the worksheet can be printed in a desired format.
* Worksheet data can be viewed in the form of graphs or charts.
* The worksheet information can be transferred to any database or word Processing software.