Services Rendered by Retailers
The following are the services rendered by the retailers.
Retailers provide the following services to manufacturers and wholesalers.
1. Help in Distribution: Retailers relieve the manufacturers and wholesalers of the burden of collecting and executing a large number of small orders from various consumers.
2. Market Information: Retailer supply valuable information to wholesalers about changes in tastes, preferences, fashion etc. of consumers
3. Large Scale Operation: The manufacturers and wholesalers are freed from the trouble of making individual sales to consumers in small quantities. This enables them to operate on, at relatively large scale and thereby fully concentrate on their other activities
4. Help in Promotion: Retailers participate in the promotional activities carried by manufacturers and wholesalers such as short time offers, coupons, free gifts, sales contests, etc. Retailers help in promoting the sale of the products.
5. Personal Attention: The retailer is able to provide more personal attention to his customers than the wholesaler is, He gives special services on the spot when the articles require minor repairs.
A retailer provides the following services to consumers.
1. Regular Supply of Goods: Retailers maintain a ready stock of various products of different manufacturers for sale to consumers. This enables the buyers to buy products as and when needed.
2. New Products Information: The retailers provide important information about the new arrival of products through their personal. Selling efforts and effective display of products.
3. Credit Facilities: Sometimes retailers provide credit facilities to their customers and enable them to increase their level of consumption.
4. Wide Selection: Retailers generally keep stock of a variety of products of different manufacturers. This enables the consumers to make their choice out of a wide selection of goods.
· Retailers provide free door delivery services to the customers.
· They provide after sale service to customers.
· They allow cash discounts on their sales.
Retailers collect General Service Taxes and pay it to the Government which leads to increase in national income.
Retailers help the society to improve the standard of living of people and contribute to economic development of a country.
Retailers implement the government policies and enforcing the acts such as prohibition of tobacco products, prohibition of child labour, prohibition of adulteration considering common interest.