![if !IE]> <![endif]>
According to World Health Organization (WHO) reproductive health means a total well being in all aspects of reproduction, ability to reproduce and regulate fertility, women's ability to undergo pregnancy and safe child birth,maternal and infant survival and well being.
Several measures were undertaken by the government to improve the reproductive health of the people by launching National Health Programmes such as the
i. Family Welfare Programme
ii. Reproductive and Child Health Care (RCH) Programme
Family welfare programme: The National Family Welfare Programme is a comprehensive scheme which includes:
1. Maternal and child health care (MCH)
2. Immunization of mothers, infants and children.
3. Nutritional supplement to pregnant women and children.
4. Contraception with health education, to motivate couples to accept contraceptive methods and to have small family norms, which improve economic status, living status and the quality of life.
Reproductive and Child Health Care (RCH) Programme: It has integrated all services which include
· Pregnancy and child birth
· Postnatal care of the mother and child
· Importance of breast feeding
· Prevention of reproductive tract infections and sexually transmitted diseases
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.