![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Indicated only during resuscitation when all other attempts at securing vascular access have failed.
• Alcohol impregnated swab.
• 21G needle and syringe containing resuscitation drug.
• Attach needle and syringe. Flush needle with drug to expel air.
• Locate site: 4th intercostal space immediately lateral to the left sternal edge (immediately below the line joining the nipples).
• Clean site with an alcohol impregnated swab.
• Insert needle and aspirate syringe as needle is inserted.
• Once blood flashes back, stop advancing.
• Inject resuscitation drug(s).
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.