Social Science : Civics
1. 'Apartheid'was followed by
a) South Sudan
b) South Africa
Answer: b) South Africa
2. _______ right exercises in the formation and administration of a government.
Answer: c) Political
3. A 10 year old boy is working in a shop. Which right can you use to recover him?
a) Right to equality
b) Right to freedom
c) Right against child labour exploitation
d) Right to freedom of Religion
Answer: c) Right against child labour exploitation
4. What is the time limit to get the information from RTI Act 2005?
a) 20 days
Answer: c) 30days
5. Which of the following statements are true?
i. The slate Human Rights Commission was established in 1993.
ii. It has the power of a civil court.
iii. It's power extend beyond the state.
iv. It can also recommend compensation to victims
a) i and ii are true
b) i and iii are true
c) i, ii and iii are true
d) i, ii and iv are true
Answer: d) i, ii and iv are true
6. Consider the following statements.
Assertions (A): Rights and duties are the two sides of the same coin
Reason (R) : We have a right to freedom of religions. We have to promote harmony and spirit of the people of other religions.
a) Both A and R are correct and R explains A
b) Both A and R are correct but R does not explain A
c) A is correct but R is false
d) A is false but R is correct
Answer: a) Both A and R are correct and R explains A
7. According to the UNO a child is a person who has not completed the age of ___________ years.
Answer: d) 18
8. Kailash Satyarthi and Malala have been awarded Noble Prize for
Answer: b) Peace
1. The Universal Declaration of Human Rights contains 30 articles.
2. The fundamental Duties were incorporated in the constitution by the 42nd Amendment Act in 1976.
3. The National Human Rights Commission was established on 12th October 1993
4. Indian State to implement women ancestral property Act in 1989 was Tamilnadu
I - II
1. Right to vote - a. Cultural Rights
2. Right to form union - b. Right against exploitation
3. Right to preserve tradition - c. Political Rights
4. The Hindu Succession Act - d. Right to freedom
5. Child Labour - e. 2005
1. Right to vote - Political Rights
2. Right to form union - Right to freedom
3. Right to preserve tradition - Cultural Rights
4. The Hindu Succession Act - 2005
5. Child Labour - Right against exploitation