MOVEMENTS IN ANIMALS
After the completion of this lesson, students will be able to:
* know about the movements of different animals.
* differentiate between movement and locomotion.
* recall the types of movements.
* know about human body and its movements.
* summarise the significance and types of joints.
* identify the components of the skeleton.
* understand muscle movements and its types.
There are so many movements that happen in our bodies. Sit absolutely still and observe the movements taking place in your body. You must be blinking your eyes from time to time. There will be movements in your body as you breathe. Different parts of your body move while you remain at the same place. There are different ways how animals move from place to place. For example, a cow uses its legs to walk, a snake uses its whole body to slither or crawl, a bird uses its wings to fly, a fish uses its fins to swim and human uses legs to walk. Walking, crawling, flying and swimming - these are only few ways in which animals move from one place to another. Let us learn in detail how these movements take place.