· To improve the skill in stitching a kameez.
· To learn to select fabrics, decorations suitable for stitching a kameez.
· Kamez is worn among Indian women since ages.
· It gives comfort to the wearer.
· It is a long and loose fitting garment.
Measuring Tools - Inch Tape, Scale.
Drawing Tools - Brown Sheet, Bell Pin, Table, Pencil.
Marking Tools - Tailor’s Chalk, Pencil.
Cutting Tools - Scissors, Seam Rippers, Fabric Shears.
Stitching Tools - Hand Needle, Thread, Sewing Machine.
Ironing Tools - Iron Table, Iron Box.
Fasteners Attachments - Hook and Eye, Press Button.
Decorating Materials - Applique, Embroidery, Lace, Sequence work.
Muslin, Cotton, all types of silk fabrics and fancy fabrics.
Length of Kameez - 76 cm
Bust Circumference - 80 cm
Upper Arm Circumference - 35 cm
Shoulder Width - 30 cm
Hip Circumference - 75 cm
Sleeve Length - 20 cm (with Hem Allowance)
Twice the length of kameez and sleeve length.
ABCD - Draw a rectangle
AB = CD - Length of Kameez + Hem Allowance (2 cm)
AC = BD - 1/4 Bust Circumference
AC1 - Front Neck Depth (8 cm)
AE - Neck Width (7 cm)
AG - 1/2 Shoulder Width (15 cm)
GH - 1/2 Upper Arm Circumference (17.5 cm)
HI - 1/4 Bust Circumference (20 cm)
DD1 - 10 cm
HJ L - Side Seam
AE - Back Neck Depth (6 cm)
F1 E G H J L D B F - Front and Back Patterns
SG - Straight Grain
AB = CD - Length of Sleeve
AC = BD - Sleeve Width
BF - Sleeve Hem Line
E – F - Side Seam
A – E - Arm Hole
Kameez Front - C1 E G H J L D B
Kameez Back - F E G H J L D B
Sleeve - A E F B
Fold the fabric in lengthwise fold.
Front Bodice - 1
Back Bodice - 1
Sleeve - 2
Mark the pattern on the fabric, leave the seam allowance and cut.
· With the help of the pattern cut the fabric.
· Join the shoulders of front and back patterns.
· Stitch the dart that is required in both front and back part of the kameez.
· Use continuous placket and finish the opening, as per the length needed.
· Finish the sleeve hem line and join it in the arm scye part of kameez.
· Join the side seams using French seam.
· Using bias piece finish the neck with a facing.
· Stitch hook and eye at the closures.
· Cut unnecessary threads.
· Iron the kameez and fold it neatly.