Gathered Frock with Puff Sleeve
· To develop knowledge in stitching gathered frock with puff sleeve
· To learn the selection of fabric and decorative items used for stitching gathered frock with puff sleeve
Frock with puff sleeve is used for children.
It can be modified with introduction of yokes, collars and variation in sleeves.
Measuring Tools - Measuring Tape, Scale.
Drawing Tools - Brown Paper, Bell Pin, Table, Pencil.
Marking Tools - Tailor’s Chalk, Pencil.
Cutting Tools - Scissors, Seam Rippers, Fabric Cutting Shears.
Stitching Tools - Thread, Hand Needle, Stitching Machine.
Ironing Tools - Iron Board, Iron Box.
Fasteners Tools - Hook, Press Button.
Decorating Items - Applique, Embroidery.
Poplin, Printed cotton fabric, Silk and Fancy varieties of synthetic fabric.
If the width is 90 cms, 150 cm of fabric is needed.
AGE – 3 years
Frock Length - 56 cm
Chest Circumference - 60 cm
Shoulder Width - 24 cm
Bodice Length - 24 cm
Skirt Length - 32 cm
Sleeve Length - 12 cm
Sleeve Circumference - 16 cm
Bodice part (Front & Back)
AB = CD - Bodice Length (24 cm)
AC = BD - 1/4 Chest circumference (15 cm)
A – F - Back neck (3 cm)
A – G - Front neck (6 cm)
A – E - Neck width(6 cm)
E – H - 1/4 Shoulder width (6 cm)
H – I - (12 cm)
J – D - (1.5 cm)
AB = CD - Skirt Length (32cm)
AC = BD - Skirt Width(50 cm)
S – G - Straight grain
AB = CD - Sleeve length (12 cm )
AC = BD - Half of Upper Sleeve Circumference (16 cm)
C – E - 1/2 AC (or) BD
F – D - 3 cm
Front Bodice Part - G, E, H, I, J, B
Back Bodice Part - F, E, H, I, J, B
Skirt - A, C, D, B
Sleeve - A, E, F, B
Front Piece - 1
Back Part - 2
Skirt (Front and Back) - 2
Sleeve - 2
The fabric is folded in lengthwise centre fold.
· Mark the cutting lines on the fabric along with seam allowance.
· Attach the front and back bodice.
· Placket should be stitched on the back bodice.
· Sew darts in the required position on the front and back bodice pattern.
· Puff should be stitched on the upper part of the sleeve and attach it with the armhole.
· Finish the neckline with piping.
· Skirt part is stitched with the bodice part introducing required pleats or gathered
· Finish the side seam of frock with french seam.
· Finish the raw edges of skirt with hemming.
· Stitch the hook and eyes.
· Trim all the extra threads.
· Fold and iron the frock.