![if !IE]> <![endif]>
· Sewing skills in stitching inskirts.
· Gaining knowledge in selecting material and accessories for the construction of inskirts.
· This is an important inner garment for Women.
· It is used as an inner wear for sarees and skirts.
· It can be stitched by 2, 4, 6 panels also.
Measuring Tools - Inch Tape, Scale.
Drawing Tools - Brown Paper, Bell Pin, Pencil, Table.
Marking Tools - Tailor’s Chalk, Pencil.
Cutting Tools - Scissors, Seam Rippers, Fabric Shears.
Stitching Tools - Thread, Hand Needle, Sewing Machine.
Ironing Tools - Iron Table, Iron Box.
Fastening Attachments - Elastic Band, Cord.
Decorative Materials - Frills, Piping, Scallloped Edges, Embroidery.
Organic Cotton, Poplin Cloth.
Age - 16 years
Waist - 88 cm
Full Skirt Length - 95 cm
Full Skirt Length –Band - 95 – 8 = 87 cm
Cut 10 cm of cloth from 90 cm of the cloth for waist band. After cutting, fold the cloth of 80 cm into half as 40 cm.
Draw ABCD as rectangle,
AB = CD - Length (87 cm)
AC = BD - 40 cm
AE = DF - 1/8 Waist Length + 2 cm Extra Allowance (13 cm)
Join E and F
Mark 1 1/2 cm from AE and DF and draw curve line as shown in the figure.
A, E, F
The fabric is folded in combination fold
After marking, cut the cloth with seam allowance
Centre Piece - 2
Side Piece - 4
Waist Band - 1
· Join the side panels with centre panel piece on both sides respectively.
· Join front and back piece together.
· Leave sufficient space for the waist band opening at one side and join the seams.
· Join waist band.
· Hem the bottom and finish the inskirt.
· Insert the cord in the waist band.
· Cut the unwanted waste threads.
· Iron the stitched garment for folding.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.