![if !IE]> <![endif]>
· To enrich the knowledge in stitching procedure of a kalidhar kurta.
· To select the suitable fabric, design and emblishments that can be added to the kalidhar kurta.
· Kalidhar kurta was generally worn by north Indian men.
· Today the garments is also being adopted by the South Indian men as a festive and functional wear.
Measuring Tools - Measuring Tape, Scale.
Drawing Tools - Brown Sheets, Pins, Table, Pencil.
Marking Tools - Tailor’s Chalk, Pencil.
Cutting Tools - Scissors, Seam Rippers, Shears.
Stitching Tools - Thread, Machine Needle, Hand Needle.
Ironing Tools - Iron Box, Iron Table.
Fasteners Attachments - Zipper, Button, Press Button.
Decorative Materials - Embroidery.
Cotton, Silk, Polyester, Linen and other soft material can be used.
Age - 4 to 5 Years
Length - 48 cm
Bust or Chest Circumference - 65 cm
Sleeve Length - 38 cm
Upper arm Circumference - 26 cm
Shoulder Width - 26 cm
Gusset Length / Width - 8 cm / 8 cm
Khali (Side Piece) Upper Width - 9 cm
Khali Lower Width - 8 cm
Twice the length of the garment + sleeve length and extra 20 cm for finishing (1.50 mtrs.).
Consruct a rectangle ABCD
AB = CD - Height + Hem allowances (48 + 2) 50 cm
AE - Neck Width (8 cm)
AF - Back Neck Depth (4 cm)
AG - Front Neck Depth (8 cm)
AC - 1/2 of the Back Width (Shoulder) (13 cm)
CH - 1/2 Upper Arm Circumference (13 cm)
A1 B1 = C1 D1 - Khali Height – 35 cm
A1 C1 - Upper Khali – 4 cm
B1 D1 - Lower Khali – 8 cm
AB - Sleeve Length + 3 cm
AC - 1/2 the Upper Arm Circumference (13 cm)
BE - 2 cm
AE - Sleeve Side Seam
ED - Sleeve Hem Line
F E G E C D B - Kurta Front and Back
A B C D - Khali Piece
A B C D E - Sleeve
Fold the fabric in the length wise grain.
Using the paper pattern, mark the places to be cut on the fabric and cut the fabric by leaving enough of allowances for seams.
Kurta Front and Back - 1 Piece
Khali Side Panel - 4 Pieces
Gusset - 2 Pieces
Sleeve - 2 Pieces
· Attach the sleeve to the bodice.
· Join the khali piece to side seams of the bodice front, back and sleeves.
· Join the Gusset to the body and sleeve piece pattern.
· Make a mitre opening in the kurta.
· Finish the neck using bias piece.
· Stitch and finish the sleeve bottom and kurta bottom.
· Join the sides of the garment.
· Trim out the unwanted threads.
· Finish out the openings with buttons.
· Iron and fold the finished garment.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.