· To gain the knowledge in stitching cut choli.
· To learn the selection of fabric and types of decorative items to be incorporated in cut choli.
· The garment is usually worn by Women.
· It is worn along with saree and half saree.
· It is a tight fitting garment worn according to body size.
Measuring Tools - Measuring Tape, Scale.
Drawing Tools - Brown Paper, Bell Pin, Table, Pencil.
Marking Tools - Tailor’s Chalk, Pencil.
Cutting Tools - Scissors, Seam Rippers, Fabric Shears.
Stitching Tools - Thread, Hand Needle, Sewing Machine.
Pressing Tools - Ironing Board, Ironing Box.
Fasteners Attachments - Press Button, Hook and Eyes.
Decoratives - Applique, Embroidery, Lace, Border Design, Stone Work, Jammiki Works
Voils, Cotton, Silk, Velvet, Huckobha Printed Silk, Umber, 2 x 2 Blouse Materials. These types of fabrics can be used.
Age - 15 Years
Full Length - 35 cm + 4 cm
Bust Circumference - 75 cm
Shoulder Width - 32 cm
Hip Circumference - 62 cm
Arm (Sleeve) - 28 cm
Sleeve Length - 20 cm
Height of garment + twice the length of the sleeve + 5 cm of the fabric is needed (90 cm).
AB = CD - Full Length
AJ = CK - Full Length – Cross Belt (8 cm)
AC = BD - 1/4 of Bust Circumference (19 cm)
AE - Front Neck Depth (10 cm)
A – E - Neck Width (7.5 cm)
AG - 1/2 the Shoulder Width (16 cm)
GH - 1/6 of Bust Circumferences (14 cm + 2 1/2 cm)
DI - 2.5 cm
JB – KD - Waist Band
HKD - Side Seam
E F G H K J E - Front Bodice Pattern
SG - Straight Grain
A B = C D - Full Length + 4 cm
A C = B D - 1/4 of Bust Circumference (19 cm)
A E - Back Neck (10 cm)
A F - Neck Width (7.5 cm)
A G - 1/2 the Shoulder Width (16 cm)
G H - 1/6 of Bust Circumferences + 2.5 cm (14 cm + 2.5 cm)
D I - 2.5 cm
H I - Side Seam
S G - Straight Grain
E F G H IB E - Back Bodice Pattern
A B = C D - Sleeve Length (20 cm)
B D = AC - Sleeve Width (14 cm)
A E - Sleeve Armhole
C E - 7 cm
E F - Side Seam
B F - Sleeve Hem Line
Front Side - E F G H K J
Cross Belt - J K D B
Back Side - E F G H I B
Sleeve - A E F B
The fabric is folded in lengthwise centre fold.
Cut according to the pattern which is placed in the fabric after including seam allowances.
Front Bodice - 2 Pieces
Cross Band - 4 Pieces
Back Bodice - 1 piece
Sleeve - 2 pieces
Fabric required for finishing neck and plackets.
· On the front bodice make three darts and join the cross band along with it.
· On the front bodice, attach the plackets.
· On the back bodice, make two half darts.
· Finish the edges of the sleeve and join the side seams.
· Join the sleeve patterns along with the bodice patterns.
· By using the cross piece finish the edges of the necklines.
● Cut off the unwanted threads.
● Stitch hook and eyes at the required areas.
● Finished garments should be ironed neatly.