1. Define software project management.
Software Project Management has key ideas about the planning, monitoring, and control of software projects
2. What is a phase?
A phase is a collection of related activities or tasks that produce a deliverable or work product.
3. Define system.
A system is a group of elements organized and arranged so that the elements can act as a whole toward achieving a common goal; is a collection of interacting subsystems.
4. What is an activity?
An element of work performed during the course of the project.
5. Define method.
A method is a manner, means, or process for accomplishing something.
6. Write any five competencies of project management skills.
Documenting plans, estimating cost, estimating effort, managing risks,scheduling, tracking processes
7. What is software engineering?
Software Engineering is a practical application of scientific knowledge in the design and construction of computer programs and the associated documentation required to develop, operate, and maintain them.
8. Write two types of processes.
Product process, project process.
9. Define technology.
Technology is the application of scientific knowledge in industry or business.
10. Name five maturity levels of CMM.
Initial, repeatable, defined, managed, optimizing
11. Define process.
A software process provides the framework from which a comprehensive plan for software development can be established.
12. Write any two goals of organizational process focus.
S/W process development and improvement activities are coordinated across the organization.
The strength and weakness of the s/w processes used are identified relative to a process standard.
13. Write any four process standards.
IEE, SEI, ISO, PMI.
14. Write any two goals of organizational process definition.
A standard s/w process for the organization is developed and maintained.
Information related to the use of the organization’s standard s/w process by the s/w projects
is collected, reviewed, and made available.
15. Write the difference between project process and product process.
Project process-Describe and organize the work of the project.
Defined by the PMI PMBOK.
Product process-Specify and create the project product.
Defined by the life cycle used.
Certified Software Quality Engineer(CSQE)
16. Name the six classes of product domain.
Customer, business, industrial, real_time, really_timely, scientific.
17. Name any three individual personality models.
The Myers_Briggs Type Indicator, fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation – Behavior(FIRO-B) model, the Keirsey Temperament sorter.
18. What are the two kinds of stress in McFletcher Work style Patterns Inventory?
19. Mention the Leader’s style
Telling, selling, participating, delegating.
Initiating, planning, executing, controlling, closing.