1. Write the categories of cost drivers.
Product attributes, computer attributes, project attributes, personnel attributes
2.What are the characteristics of an organization?
Model, Maturity, Thickness, Size, Structure.
3. Short notes on Finish- to-Start(FS) Dependency Relationship
One activity can start only when the preceding activity finishes.
4. What is RISK management?
Risk management is the procedure that explains the process of managing risk through analysis. This procedure does not provide solutions to perceived risks.
5. What is brainstorming?
Brainstorming refers to the process of a group of colleagues meeting and working collaboratively to generate creative solutions and new ideas.
6. What is knowledge management?
Knowledge management is the combination of activities involved in gathering, organizing, sharing, analyzing, and disseminating knowledge to improve an organization’s
7. How you can collect internal data and external data?
Internal data are collected within the organization, usually by transaction processing systems, but also through employee and customer surveys. External data is collected from a wide array of sources outside the organization.
8. What is unstructured data?
Unstructured data are the data drawn from meeting discussions, private conversations, textual documents, graphical representations and other “non uniform” sources.
9. What is structured data?
Structured data are numbers and facts that can be conveniently stored and retrieved I an orderly manner for operations and decision-making.
10. What are the phases in systems development life cycle (SDLC)?
11. What is ROI?
The Return on Investment is a calculation of the difference between the stream of benefits and the stream of costs over the life of the system, discounted by the applicable interest rate.
12. Write some ways to collect information for system requirements.
Examination of documents
13. Write the goals of project management.
Complete the project on time
Complete the project within budget.
14. What is outsourcing?
Outsourcing-trusting all or part of an organization’s IS operation to an outside company.
15. Write any four competencies to define goal and scope of the software project. Defining the product, documenting plan.Estimating cost, estimating effort.
16. Write the characteristics of activities.
Label, size, source.
17. Differentiate product view and project view
Product view-hierarchical relationship among product elements Project view- hierarchical relationship among work activities.
18. Name any four guiding principles for selecting a project team.
Public, client and employer, product, judgment.
19. Write any two disadvantages of using LOC
LOC is difficult to estimate for new software early in the life cycle There are no industry standards for counting lines of code.
20. What is regression model?
A regression model is derived from a statistical interpretation of historical data to describe a mean or typical relationship between variables.