1. What is milestone?
A milestone is a significant event in a project, usually associated with a major work product or
deliverable. Stages or phases are not milestones but are collections of related product activities.
2. What is Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)?
A WBS is a hierarchical list of the work activities required to complete a project.
3. What are the three project activities that are needed for WBS? Cost estimating, cost accounting, schedule performance.
4. Write the stages of Team Formation Model.
Forming, Storming, Norming, Performing, Adjouring.
5. Differentiate Leaders and managers. Leaders- set direction, do the right thing
Managers- Follow process, do things right.
6. Define charter.
A charter is a documentation that formally recognizes the existence of a project.
7. Give some unites for measuring the size of the software.
Lines of code (LOC), Function points, feature points, number of bubbles on the data flow diagram, number of entities on entity relationship diagram.
8. Write the any two advantages of LOC.
It is widely used and universally accepted.
LOC are easily measured upon project completion.
9. What are dependencies?
Dependencies are one form of constraints for any project. Dependencies are any relationship connections between activities in a project that may impact their scheduling.
10. Write the special types of relationship in dependencies.
Lag and lead relationship
Hard versus soft relationship
11. Define project portfolio?
Project portfolio is group of project carried out under this sponsorship and/or management.
12. What are the project charter contents?
Objectives, Fucntions, Performance, constraints, scope, cost or benefits.
13. Write the disadvantage of feature point analysis.
The disadvantage of feature point analysis is the subject to classification of algorithmic complexity.
14. What is modified code?
The code developed for previous application that is suitable for a new application after a modest amount of modification.
15. Write the goal of software project planning?
Software estimates or documented for use in planning and tracking the software project.
16. Give any two examples for product attributes.
Database size (DATA), Product complexity (CPLX)
17. Write the advantages of COCOMO.
It is repeatable process.
It is easy to use.
It is thoroughly documented.
18. Define gold plating.
The work that does not drive towards a deliverable is called gold plating.
19. Write the three COCOMO Modes. Organic, Semidetached, Embedded.
20. What is Legacy code?
Code developed for a previous application that is believed to be of use for a new application.