GENERAL CAUSES OF DISEASE
Human disease results from the action of various in-jurious agents on cells and tissue, causing biochemi-cal or structural damage. Disease may be caused by:
· Impaired energy production (e.g., reduced nu-trition or reduced availability of oxygen to tis-sues)
· Impaired immune responses
· Genetic abnormalities inherited from a parent or acquired by radiation, viruses, drugs, or chemicals
· Metabolic toxic agents such as alcohol, drugs, and heavy metals
· Physical agents (e.g., mechanical trauma, heat and cold, radiation injury)
· Chemical agents such as industrial and agricul-tural chemicals and toxic waste
· Infectious agents
· Abnormal development and growth.
Copyright © 2018-2020 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.