A flowchart is a schematic representation of an algorithm or a stepwise process, showing the steps as boxes of various kinds, and their order by connecting these with arrows. Flowchar s are used in designing or documenting a process or program.
A flow chart, or flow diagram, is a graphical representation of a process or sys m hat details the sequencing of steps required to create output.
A flowchart is a picture of the separate steps of a process in seque tial ord r.
1. Communication: Flowcharts are better way of communicating the logic of a system to all concerned.
2. Effective analysis: With the help of flowchart, problem can be analysed in more effective way.
3. Proper documentation: Program flowcharts serve as a good program documentation, which is needed for various purposes.
4. Efficient Coding: The flowcharts act as a guide or blue rint during the systems analysis and program development phase.
5. Proper Debugging: The flowchart helps in debugging roc ss.
6. Efficient Program Maintenance: The maintenance of o rating rogram becomes easy with the help of flowchart. It helps the programm r to put fforts more fficiently on that part
1. Complex logic: Sometimes, the program logic is quite complicated. In that case, flowchart becomes complex and clumsy.
2. Alterations and Modifications: If lterations are required the flowchart may require re-drawing completely.
3. Reproduction: As the flowchart symbols cannot be typed, reproduction of flowchart becomes a problem.
4. The essentials of what is done can easily be lost in the technical details of how it is done.