![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Factors Affecting Respiration:
Affecting Factors may either be external or internal: -
1. Temperature: Below 20¡C and above 45¡C the rate of respirationreduces. The optimum temperature for respiration is 20¡C - 45¡C.
2. Oxygen: If the amount of oxygen is reduced the rate of respiration willreduce.
3. Water: Optimum supply of water maintains the rate of respiration normal.Rate of respiration reduces for scarcity of water.
4. Light: The stomata opens in light, so rate of respiration comparatively highin day time.
5. Carbon dioxide: With the increase of CO2in air, rate of respirationdecreases slightly.
1. Food materials: During respiration food materials break to release water andCO2. So the quality and quantity of food materials in the cell regulates the rate of respiration.
2. Age of cell: Rate of respiration is maximum in young cells especially inmeristamatic cells (as there is much protoplasm).
3. Enzymes: Different reactions of respiration need different kinds of enzymes.The process completely depends on their presence.
4. Inorganic salts: Rate of respiration increases if there is more inorganic salts in the cell.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.