![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Electronic Marketing or E-Marketing is the process of marketing of products and services over internet and telecommunication networks. In simple terms, marketing strategies and techniques which are utilised to access target customers through online mode are referred to E-marketing. E-marketing includes use of internet for all the activities of advertising, promotion publicity, channel of distribution, marketing research to find out customers’ needs and wants. Electronic marketing is interchangeably used to mean online marketing, web marketing, internet marketing and digital marketing.
According to Judy Strauss, “E-marketing refers to application of broad range of information technology for creating more customer value through more effective segmentation, targeting, differentiation and positioning strategies, planning more efficiently and executing the conception, distribution, promotion and pricing of goods, services and ideas; and creating exchanges that satisfy individual consumer and organization's consumer objectives”.
“E-Marketing is achieving marketing objectives through use of digital technologies like Internet, word wide web, email, wireless media, and management of digital customer data and electronic customer management systems (E-CRM)”
The following are the objectives of E-Marketing
1. Expansion of market share
2. Reduction of distribution and promotional expenses.
3. Achieving higher brand awareness.
4. Strengthening database.
1. Any Time market: E - Marketing provides 24 hours and 7 days “24/7” service to its users. So consumer can shop or order the product anytime from anywhere.
2. Direct contact of end consumer by the manufacturers cuts down the substantially intermediation cost. Thus products bought through e-marketing become cheaper.
3. Customer can buy whatever they want/ need just by browsing the various sites.
1. High Cost for E- marketing which requires a strong online advertising campaign a for which company has to spend large amount. The cost of web site design, software, hardware, maintenance of business site, online distribution costs and invested time, all must be factored into the cost of providing service or product online.
2. It is not suitable for small size business and also deters customers from buying who lives on long distances.
3. While the number of customers are continuously growing, companies hardly update the information on website.
4. Many buyers are suspicious about the security of the internet. As a result, many visitors of business web sites, do not like to use their credit card to make a purchase. So there is a fear of their cards being misused by fraudulent practitioners.
• It is very economical and faster way to promote the products.
• It is quiet easier for promoting product globally in the short time.
• E-Business enterprises can expand their operation with minimum manpower.
• In this marketing product can be sold or bought 24 x 7, round the year with minimum manpower
• It is very expensive and takes more time to promote product.
• It is very expensive and time consuming to promote product/ service under traditional marketing.
• It needs more man power.
• That is not possible in traditional marketing.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.