![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Central sterile service department (CSSD): -
CSSD is also called sterile processing, on central supply department is an integrated place in hospitals and health care facilities that performs sterilization and other actions on medical devices, equipment and consumable.
· It is also for subsequent use by health workers in the operating theatre of the hospital and also for other aseptic procedures.
E.g. Catheterization, wound stitching and bandaging. In a medical, surgical and maternity or pediatric ward.
CSSD is divided into five major areas.
· Assembly & Processing
· Sterile storage
CSSD as that service, with in the hospital catering for the sterile supplies to all departments both to specialized units as well as general wards in OPDS.
· Centralizing the activities of receipt, cleaning, assembly, sterilization, storage and distribution of sterilized materials from a CSSD.
· Safe sterilization is done under controlled condition with technical supervision at an optimum cost.
· To provide an efficient, continuous and quality supply of sterilized material to hospital in various areas and infection free patient care.
· Contributes to reduction in hospital infection.
· To reduce the burden of work of the nursing personnel, thereby enabling them to devote more of their time to patient care
· Processing issue and control Infection free atmosphere
· Economic efficient and uniform source
· Maintains Standards
· Reduces burden on nursing staff Prevents cross infection
· Shortens patients stay
· Ensures safe environment
· Inventory maintenance & quality one.
· To provide supplies of sterile linen packs basins, instruments other sterile items.
· To maintain an accurate record of the effectiveness of the cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing process
· To monitor and enforce control necessary to prevent cross infection according to infection control policies.
· To review current practice for possible improvement in quality or service provided.
· To provide consulting services to other departments in all areas of sterile processing.
· CSSD is the hospital central nervous system where the battle against infection takes place.
Responsible for receiving dirty utilities and mainly responsible for distribution to various areas of hospitals (TSSU)
1. High capacity pass through washer disinfector at 80C to 90C having various shapes and sizes
2. Cold and hot water streams
3. Detergent solution
4. Hot air oven for drying instruments.
5. Wall fixtures for drying.
1. Autoclaves using dry heat, moist heat.
2. Ethylene oxide sterilizers.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.