* To compare the plant cell with the animal cell and understand their similarities and dissimilarities
* To understand the cell as a fundamental unit of life
* To know and understand the different types of Human cells and their related functions
* To know the functions of different cell organelles
* To compare different cell organelles, their functions and know their similarities and specialties
Sona had a dinner, some hour later, she experienced a stomach pain and went to a clinic. After examination, the Doctor told Sona that she had eaten food contaminated with a type of bacteria which might have caused food poisoning. Bacteria are micro-organisms that can be seen only under microscope and not seen through nacked eyes. Salmonella species is a bacteria that can cause food-borne infection.
Our earth is a beautiful place where in different types of organisms happily coexist. From minute mosses to huge conifers, invisible bacteria to huge blue whale, all have a basic unit called Cell. Let us study about the cell.
Do you remember the lesson studied in previous class, how will you find whether on object is living or non – living? Write it down. An object is living or non – living?
1. Form a team and work together to write down some of the functions of life, which you can remember.
Respiration, Digestion, Absorption, Reproduction.
2. Do you think that an individual cell is living? Explain your answer
Living cells breathe. They take food. They also reproduce.
3. Write about various organelles of a cell which you know.
Chloroplast, Mitochondria, Lysosome, Endoplasmic reticulum, Nucleus.