Plant and Animal cell comparison
Why do plant cells differ from animal cells? They differ from each other because they have to perform different functions.
Now you know that there are many main similarities between plant and animal cells. Let us see how they differ from one another as given in the picture (Activity 3).
Study the pictures given and write the differences between cells that you observe in the given table.
1. Plant cell has a cell wall.
2. It has chloroplast.
3. Centrioles absent
4. One large central vacuole
5. Lysosome usually not evident. Cilia absent in most plant cells.
1. Animal cells do not have a cell wall.
2. Does not contain chloroplast.
3. Centrioles present.
4. One or more small vacuoles.
5. Lysosomes occur in cytoplasm. Cilia is present.