Sales Force Automation:
Mobile workers relied on their portable computers in order to access and process data on the road
Availability of wireless modems has enabled them to travel and allow them to access to enterprise data
Mobile professionals to use the phone book and calendar while working out of office and stay in contact via email.
Used to access mission-critical data – contracts, technical descriptions, small database and graphics etc at anytime & anywhere.
Used to control the delivery of goods, update work assignment, submit orders, even billing info while on road.
Modern medicine already depends on a wide range of computerized devices,
Clinical professional learn about new methods and how to use them
Access to laboratory results and surgical reports as well as ordering processes and physician directory look ups can be improved
With respect to security, integrity of data and privacy assured though hardware,
software and system design.
Patient and clinical data must be exchangeable and accessible whenever needed but with restriction
Modern healthcare systems are now using smart cards for patients and professionals.
1. Use of barcodes has revolutionized processes in many industries.
2. Provide fast and accurate identification of goods during transportation.
3. Barcodes on all products.
4. One dimensional barcode – encodes only few characters.
5. Two dimensional barcode – several hundreds of characters of information to be stored..
6. Allows tracking of goods – eg- airline luggage.
7. Tags are cheaper attached to each luggage and detected at certain points on the journey – enables airline to track individual pieces of luggage from check-in to baggage claim.
Car Information System:
Car manufacturers are very interested in using pervasive computing technology. Nowadays cars are equipped with more than 30 microprocessors. To connect the car with outside world, OGSI (open Service Gateway Initiative) is an industry group which defines features such as downloading software, application lifecycle management and gateway circuitry etc, which is implemented in JAVA,
Email Access via WAP and Voice: