![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Air transport is the fastest and the costliest mode of transport. Commercial air transport is now one of the most prominent modes of overseas transport.The modern air transport has its growth with the invention of Airplane by Wright Brothers.
Air transport is a form of travel in vehicles such as helicopters, hot air balloons, blimps, gliders, hang gliding, parachuting, airplanes, jets or anything else that can sustain flight.
Air travel can be grouped into two general classifications: national/domestic and international flights. Flights from one point to another within the same country are called domestic flights. Flights from a point in one country to a point of different country are known as international flights. Travelers can use domestic or international flights in either private or public travel.
· It provides a regular, convenient, efficient and quick service.
· Perishable goods like fruits, vegetables, egg, meat, etc., can be transported quickly.
· It does not require huge investment for construction and maintenance of track like railways.
· They provide comfortable services for passengers and safety for their goods.
· It can be used to move goods to areas, which are inaccessible to other means of transport.
· It is very much helpful for flood or landslide and war rises to the occasion to save human life from danger.
· It is a very costly mode of transport. The rates and fares charged by which are beyond the reach of common people.
· Air craft are not quite suitable for carrying heavy loads and weights.
· It is not dependable because of unfavourable weather which may disturb the air service suddenly.
· The construction and maintenance of aerodromes involve a huge capital expenditure.
· Everycountrycontrolstheairspaceabove its territory. Therefore, an aeroplane cannot fly over another country without obtaining its prior permission to concern authority.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.