· It provides a regular, convenient, efficient and quick service.
· Perishable goods like fruits, vegetables, egg, meat, etc., can be transported quickly.
· It does not require huge investment for construction and maintenance of track like railways.
· They provide comfortable services for passengers and safety for their goods.
· It can be used to move goods to areas, which are inaccessible to other means of transport.
· It is very much helpful for flood or landslide and war rises to the occasion to save human life from danger.
· It is a very costly mode of transport. The rates and fares charged by which are beyond the reach of common people.
· Air craft are not quite suitable for carrying heavy loads and weights.
· It is not dependable because of unfavourable weather which may disturb the air service suddenly.
· The construction and maintenance of aerodromes involve a huge capital expenditure.
· Everycountrycontrolstheairspaceabove its territory. Therefore, an aeroplane cannot fly over another country without obtaining its prior permission to concern authority.