![if !IE]> <![endif]>
Advantages of Railway Transport
· Railways are well suited for carrying heavy and bulky goods over long distances.
· It can provide long distance travel throughout the day and night with unbroken services.
· It can provide better production and safety to the goods than motor transport. The goods generally carried in closed wagons are not exposed to sun, rain etc.
· Though initial investment is large, in the long run the operating expenses will be very low in railways and it will prove a cheaper mode of transport.
· It requires less time than motor transport for carrying goods over long distance with greater speed
· It has regular schedule of timing and is available throughout the year.
· It provides unaffected services whether rainy or shinny weather conditions.
· Railway rates are relatively higher than motor transport for transporting light weight articles over short distance.
· It is inflexible, as it is operated to a particular track which cannot deviate from the set routes.
· In rural areas, it cannot offer adequate traffic because of uneconomical operating cost.
· It requires heavy investment for installation of tracks and maintenance that increases its fare on the users.
· If railways are not fully utilized and if wagons and coaches are to half empty to its capacity, a heavy financial burden will be cast on the railway.
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.