Singular and Plural
We have seen how to form plural from singular for certain nouns and now we are going to see the other forms of plurals.
Compound words are formed when two or more words are put together to form a new word with a new meaning.
Some important compound words using (NOUN + NOUN)
Some important compound words using (GERUND + NOUN)
Some important compound words using (NOUN + VERB)
A. Match the following compound words and write them:
B. Choose the best answer to make a compound word
1. Which can be placed after ‘soft’?
2. Which can be placed before 'light’?
3. Which can be placed after ‘safe’?
4. Which can be placed after ‘blue’?
5. Which can be placed after ‘water’?
Write the plural from of the given words:
Singular : Plural / Answer
1. boy : boys
2. tax : taxes
3. city : cities
4. mouse : mice
5. teeth : tooth
6. aircraft : aircraft
7. basis : bases
8. formula : formulae
9. man-servant : men-servants
10. proof : proofs
Match the following compound words and write them:
First-word : Second-word : New word / Answer
hand - man - handwritten
over - mark - overload
child - light - childhood
watch - load - watchman
safe - hood - safeguard
moon -written - moonlight
river -guard - riverbed
land - bed - landmark
Choose the best answer to make a compound word:
1.Which can be placed after ‘key’
2. Which can be placed before ‘office’
[Answer: post office]
3. Which can be placed after ‘blue’
4. Which can be placed before ‘come’
5. Which can be placed after ‘dining’
[Answer: dining table]