A logical step after classifying the statistical data is to present them in the form of tables. A table is a systematic organization of statistical data in rows and columns. The main objective of tabulation is to answer various queries concerning the investigation. Tables are very helpful while carrying out the analysis of collected data and subsequently for drawing inferences from them. It is considered as the final stage in the compilation of data and forms the basis for its further statistical treatment.
· It is a logical step of presenting statistical data after classification.
· It enables the reader to understand the required information with ease as the information is contained in rows and columns with figures.
· It enables the investigator to present the data in a brief or condensed and compact form.
· Comparison is made simple by displaying data to be compared in a single table.
· It is easy to remember the data points or items if they are properly placed in the form of table, as it provides a kind of visual aid.
· It facilitates easy computation and helps easy detection of errors and omissions.
· It enables the reader to refer the data to be presented in a manner that suits for further statistical treatment and for making valid conclusions.