● Fractions is a part of a whole. The whole may be a single object or a group of objects.
● Equivalent fractions are got by multiplying the numerator and denominator of a given fraction by the same number.
● Unlike fractions can be added or subtracted by converting them into 'like fractions'.
● Mixed fraction is the sum of a whole number and a proper fraction.
● Product of two fractions = Product of their numerators / Product of their denominators .
● The numerator and denominator of a fraction are interchanged to get its reciprocal.
● Dividing a number by a fraction is the same as multiplying that number by the reciprocal of the fraction.