Food Security and Nutrition - Economics
• The term was broadened to include the three basic components of food and nutrition security.
They are availability, access and absorption.
• The Green Revolution paved the way for self-sufficiency in food grain production.
• The National Food Security Act (NFSA) was passed by the Indian Parliament in 2013.
• The new agricultural policy based on export agricultural goods was announced by the Central government in 2018.
• Health has an important role in human resources development.
Availability: that which can be used, attainable அடையத்தகுந்த
Accessibility: right to enter அணுகுமுறை
Affordability: ability to be afforded தாங்கும் திறன்
Sufficient: enough போதுமான
Purchasing power: the financial ability to buy produce பொருள்கள் வாங்கும் திறன்
Productivity: power of producing உற்பத்தி செய்யும் ஆற்றல்
Degradation: to reduce to a lower rank மதிப்புக்கு குறைவு
Unidimensional: having one direction ஒரு பரிமாணம்
Malnourished: lack of proper nutrition ஊட்டச்சத்தின்மை