![if !IE]> <![endif]>
1. ___________ of food is physical availability of food stocks in desired quantities, which is a function of domestic production, changes in stocks and imports.
a) Availability of food
b) Access to food
c) Absorption of food
2. Buffer stock is the stock of food grains, namely wheat and rice, procured by the government through the ___________
b) Consumer Cooperatives
3. Which is correct?
i) HYV–High Yielding Varieties
ii) MSP–Minimum Support Price
iii) PDS–Public Distribution System
iv) FCI–Food Corporation of India
a) i and ii are correct
b) iii and iv are correct
c) ii and iii are correct
d) all are correct
4. __________ extended assistance through its Public Law 480.
a) United States of America
5. _________ revolution was born in India paving way for self sufficiency in food grain production.
a) Blue Revolution
b) White Revolution
c) Green Revolution
d) Grey Revolution
6. ________ is the only state in India to adopt universal PDS.
b) Andhra Pradesh
c) Tamil Nadu
7. _______ is the process of providing or obtaining the food necessary for health and growth.
1. Under weight is an important indicator of
2. In the year 2013 National Food Security Act was passed by the Indian Parliament.
3. Consumer Cooperatives play an important role in the supply of quality goods at responsible rates to common people.
1. Consumer cooperatives – subsidized rates
2. Public Distribution System – 2013
3. UNDP – least poor region
4. National Food Security Act – supply of quality goods
5. Kerala – United Nations Development Programme
1. Consumer cooperatives – supply of quality goods
2. Public Distribution System – subsidized rates
3. UNDP – United Nations Development Programme
4. National Food Security Act – 2013
5. Kerala – least poor region
1. Assertion (A): Purchasing power increases, price decreases and vice versa.
Reason (R): The production of goods decline, the price of goods increases and then the purchasing power is affected.
a) A is correct, R is false
b) Both A and R are false statements
c) A is correct but R is not a correct explanation
d) A is correct, R is the correct explanation of A
Copyright © 2018-2023 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.