Food Security and Nutrition
• To study about the meaning, definition of food security
• To know about the availability and access to food grains
• To understand about the purchasing power and agricultural policy
• To gain knowledge about the multi-dimensional nature of poverty
• To study about nutrition and health status and policies in Tamil Nadu
Food is defined as any substance that people eat and drink to maintain life and growth. Food security would denote a person’s ability to eat enough, stay active and lead a healthy life.