Static and Dynamic Web Pages
Web pages are classified as Static and Dynamic Webpages
Web pages are called Static websites as they remain the same whenever it is visited. Examples of static Websites are website owned by Small business organizations, School websites etc.
Websites that displays marks of Public Examinations and Entrance Examinations changes when different register numbers are given. Such websites are called as Dynamic Websites. Eg,. Websites of Government and Entrance Exams.
• The content and layout of a web page is fixed
• Static Web pages never use databases
• Static web pages directly run on the browser and do not require any server side application program
• Static Web pages are easy to develop
• The content and layout may change during run time
• Databases is used to generate dynamic content through queries
• Dynamic web pages runs on the server side application programs and displays the results
• Dynamic web page development requires programming skills