1. Which of the following is correct regarding HIV, hepatitis B, gonorrhoea and trichomoniasis?
(a) Gonorrhoea is a STD whereas others are not.
(b) Trichomoniasis is a viral disease whereas others are bacterial.
(c) HIV is a pathogen whereas others are diseases.
(d) Hepatitis B is eradicated completely whereas others are not.
2. Which one of the following groups includes sexually transmitted diseases caused by bacteria only?
(a) Syphilis, gonorrhoea and candidiasis
(b) Syphilis, chlamydiasis and gonorrhoea
(c) Syphilis, gonorrhoea and trichomoniasis
(d) Syphilis, trichomoniasis and pediculosis
3. Identify the correct statements from the following
(a) Chlamydiasis is a viral disease.
(b) Gonorrhoea is caused by a spirochaete bacterium, Treponema palladium.
(c) The incubation period for syphilis is is 2 to 14 days in males and 7 to 21 days in females.
(d) Both syphilis and gonorrhoea are easily cured with antibiotics.
4. A contraceptive pill prevents ovulation by
(a) blocking fallopian tube
(b) inhibiting release of FSH and LH
(c) stimulating release of FSH and LH
(d) causing immediate degeneration of released ovum.
5. The approach which does not give the defined action of contraceptive is
(a) Hormonal contraceptive = Prevents entry of sperms, prevent ovulation and fertilization
(b) Vasectomy Prevents spermatogenesis
(c) Barrier method = Prevents fertilization
(d) Intra uterine device = Increases phagocytosis of sperms, suppresses sperm motility and fertilizing capacity of sperms
6. Read the given statements and select the correct option.
Statement 1: Diaphragms, cervical caps and vaults are made of rubber and are inserted into the female reproductive tract to cover the cervix before coitus.
Statement 2: They are chemical barriers of conception and are reusable.
(a) Both statements 1 and 2 are correct and statement 2 is the correct explanation of statement 1.
(b) Both statements 1 and 2 are correct but statement 2 is not the correct explanation of statement 1.
(c) Statement 1 is correct but statement 2 is incorrect.
(d) Both statements 1 and 2 are incorrect.
7. Match column I with column II and select the correct option from the codes given below.
A. Copper releasing IUD
B. Hormone releasing
C. Non medicated IUD
D. Mini pills
Column II :
(ii) Lippes loop IUD
(a) A-(iv), B-(ii), C-(i), D-(iii)
(b) A-(iv),B-(i), C-(iii),D-(ii)
(c) A-(i), B-(iv),C-(ii), D-(iii)
(d) A-(iv), B-(i), C-(ii), D-(iii)
8. Select the incorrect action of hormonal contraceptive pills from the following
(a) Inhibition of spermatogenesis.
(b) Inhibition of ovulation.
(c) Changes in cervical mucus impairing its ability to allow passage and transport of sperms.
(d) Alteration in uterine endometrium to make it unsuitable for implantation.
9. What is amniocentesis? Why a statutory ban is imposed on this technique?
10. Select the correct term from the bracket and complete the given branching tree
(Barriers, Lactational amenorrhoea, CuT, Tubectomy)
11. Correct the following statements
a) Transfer of an ovum collected from donor into the fallopian tube is called ZIFT.
b) Transfering of an embryo with more than 8 blastomeres into uterus is called GIFT.
c) Multiload 375 is a hormone releasing IUD.
12. Which method do you suggest the couple to have a baby, if the male partner fails to inseminate the female or due to very low sperm count in the ejaculate?
13. Expand the following
a) ZIFT b) ICSI
14. What are the strategies to be implemented in India to attain total reproductive health?
15. Differentiate foeticide and infanticide.
16. Describe the major STDs and their symptoms.
17. How are STDs transmitted?
18. Write the preventive measures of STDs.
19. The procedure of GIFT involves the transfer of female gametes into the fallopain tube, can gametes be transferred to the uterus to achieve the same result? Explain.
20. Amniocentesis, the foetal sex determination test, is banned in our country, Is it necessary? comment.
21. Open Book Assessment
‘Healthy reproduction, legally checked birth control measures and proper family planning programmes are essential for the survival of mankind’ Justify.
Copyright © 2018-2021 BrainKart.com; All Rights Reserved. (BS) Developed by Therithal info, Chennai.